Minor car accident - stepped back from verbal settlement

My car involved in a minor accident with one tempo traveler last week. it was clearly tempo traveler driver's fault and he agreed to pay the bill after the repair of my car. When I called him with the bill after getting my car serviced, he refuses to pay saying the fault is mine. Can I approach the police to register the case after this one-week delay saying the verbal settlement violation? I have car dashcam footage of the accident and the opposite party is not aware of it.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900Online (Expert)

You can approach the local police station of the accident spot area and file a police complaint against another person. On the basis of dashcam footage, police can register the complaint against the wrongdoer.

You have already stated to have repaired damages caused to the car, i.e., removed evidence, hence police will not accept your complaint. It must have been on the spot.
Besides this, the damage is stated to be minor, just forgive and forget.and live in peace.

Yes. Well advised by the above expert Mr. Vasista sir. You have to complain immediately when the accident takes place. Your self and auto driver settled the matter out of police Station. so I think it is not possible.

Sankaranarayanan Online (Expert)

Nothing more to add i do endorse with experts

ashok kumar singhOnline (Expert)

very truly earlier experts accommodate your facts and suggested appropriately, therefore no further addition is require.
thanks

×