Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Medical discharge summary not provided

(Querist) 26 October 2021 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Sir,

I have admitted in hospital on 3rd night 3 AM and discharged on 4th 8PM due to acute stomach pain treatment in hospital, later discharge they have provided only one final cash bill to me. Later I have claimed these bills for hospitalization and got to know that I have to provide discharge bill to them to get the money. I have asked same the hospital people but duty doctor denied providing it and saying why have you not taken that day and suddenly saying you have not been in hospital for 24hrs but they charged me all with 24hrs charges only. Please help me in this case how can I file complaint on them under which section.

Thank you.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 26 October 2021
A discharge summary shall be provided by the hospital. Complain to the Vaidya Vidwan Parishad of your District. But you have to file a case against the hospital in Consumer Forum by consulting a local lawyer.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 27 October 2021
Discharge certificate is instantly provided to the patient at the time of final bill, as a matter of hospital drill.
Do you really need discharge / treatment summary, if so, what for ?
Sanathan Juturu (Querist) 27 October 2021
Dear sir, thank you for clarifying my problem. I need the discharge summary for claiming the amount for my admission.

After few hours of request with hospital finally I got.

Thank you.
Pradipta Nath (Expert) 27 October 2021
Serve the hospital as well as the Doctor a legal notice and claim all the relevant papers through your Advocate. They will for sure cannot escape the Advocate Notice as no Doctor wants to get into litigation unnecessarily except the Hospital!
P. Venu (Expert) 27 October 2021
Yes, issue a legal notice addressed to the Hospital authorities.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query