LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Marriage in a trust witness a relative and a pandit

(Querist) 02 April 2021 This query is : Resolved 
My age is 28 and girl age is 24. We perform marrige in a place where we done all rituals and ceremonies like 7 fere, mangal sutra, maang sindoor and varmala. All this rituals performer in the presence of Pandit and one witness which was her relative. I have no marrige certificate for this. But I have photographs and videos of all this. Girl also have same videos of our marrige. Is it possible to cancel this marrige? Girl never stay with me she is living with her faimly. And want to live with me. But she is not good for me. Is this marrige valid? Is this marrige legal? Is she file a case against me? Actually her faimly not allowing her to go with me. We never stay together. Only perform marrige in a place. Kindly tell me what action this girl can take against me? Is this legal marrige?
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 02 April 2021
As per your stated facts, it is a valid marriage. Before filing a case either you or her, you both shall meet with your families, well-wishers, and amicably settle the matter. If you have doubt that she may file a case against you, you file a petition before the court by consulting a local lawyer.
ashok kumar singh (Expert) 03 April 2021
agreed with view of the expert, therefore no further comments.
Rakesh Saxena (Querist) 03 April 2021
So one pandit, one witness and sath fere mang sindoor and mangal sutra sufficient to make it as a legal marrige? And both have all legal rights???
Rakesh Saxena (Querist) 03 April 2021
Kindly reply sir..... Thank you very much.
P. Venu (Expert) 03 April 2021
Admittedly, the marriage has not been consummated and hence, could be got annulled.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 03 April 2021
Yes, it is perfectly valid and legal marriage .You can't legally deprive your wife for her conjugal rights if you do so she can file petition u/sec 9 of HMAct for restitution of conjugal rights ,she can claim maintenance from you and also she can file complaint against you under the provisions of PWDVAct.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 04 April 2021
The marriage is valid but not consummated hence incomplete.
Settle the matter amicably and avoid unnecessary litigation.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now