Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

marriage annulment

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 29 January 2011 This query is : Resolved 
Please let me know whether my registered marriage be annulled on the ground that while registration was going on I was under influence of alcohol and was not in a position to think what was right and wrong? I m a central govt. servant of 33 years and did Court marriage 4 years ago. But we havent started living together. I m in a great trouble now as the girl repeatedly harassing me to live together and my professional life has become a hell in answering her questions. I just cannot live together with her as I found there exists a vast dissimilarity of thinkings and habits between us. I requested her to get divorce from me, but she refused. Please help me sir. What should I do? If forcefully I have to live with her, my life will become a hell. So, I m asking you whether this registration be annulled on my above said ground? Because all other grounds may not be applicable for annulment. What proof will have to be produced to show that at the time of marriage, i was completely under influence of drugs or alcohol and not in a position to think what i was going to do? Please help me....
Advocate. Arunagiri (Expert) 29 January 2011
You say it was a registered marriage and also say a court marriage. Please provide more details.
A V Vishal (Expert) 29 January 2011
You cannot divorce on the grounds you have claimed in your query, you will have to go for a contested divorce.
Amit Minocha (Expert) 29 January 2011
grounds given by you are not valid and you qould not get divorce on the stated ground.
Uma parameswaran (Expert) 29 January 2011
yes. It is not valid ground to file Divorce petition by husband.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 31 January 2011
my marriage was under Special Marriage Act1954. Now please help me

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query