Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Maharashtra housing society committee member by laws

(Querist) 26 July 2021 This query is : Resolved 
Hi Sir,

I want to join my society committee as member for betterment of it, there are some group of people to arguing that you are not eligible because your wife are doing property business. kindly suggest as per by laws they can stop me, what legal action I can take against current working committee for defaming me due to my work.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 27 July 2021
Bye-Laws adopted by the Society, Maharashtra Co-operative Societies Act & Rules has to be perused qua barring the spouse of a member doing property business.
It is better to consult a local prudent lawyer
Vikas Jain (Querist) 27 July 2021
So May I will be member of any housing committee, no one can object me as per bye law
SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert) 27 July 2021

There is no restriction given in the bye-laws of society that a property business person or his wife is not allowed in the managing committee. You can contest the election and get yourself elected to the managing committee. Otherwise, I think they will not adopt you in managing committee as they are bias.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 27 July 2021
You shall make a complaint against the society to the Joint Registrar/Deputy Registrar of Cooperative Housing Societies of your district and RERA also.
P. Venu (Expert) 12 August 2021
Was your nomination rejected on the ground as stated?

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query