License for handmade soaps from home

Sir i have started handmade soap business from my home only and i have taken msme registration. Is there any registration or approval is required for that. Is manufacturing license can be taken from home.

Shilesh PatelOnline (Expert)

If its a small scale business then no need or else it's better to get registered and get licensed

Contact District Industries Center for guidance in relation to local rules.

Since making of soap it require caustic soda, you may have to seek licence/ permission

Soap making is a benign commercial activity. Hence no permission or licence is required unless so provided by the law.

Apart registration with NSME, local municipal license, GST registration etc. can be applicable.

It's only cottage Industry and licence by department is suffice.

K.S.Ramaswamy Advocate (Expert)

In my view a PAN (Income Tax), GST Registrations Certificate would suffice, and for other licence details information can be had from MSME Office or Cottage Industries held desk.

Humbly differ, PAN is not directly linked to the said manufacturing, it may be required for completion of certain formalities.

For individuals, TAN is not applicable.

K.S.Ramaswamy Advocate (Expert)

Respected Sir, I also mentioned PAN for other formalities.

The opinions from learned experts, I am afraid, overlooks the sanctity of Article 19 of our Constitution.

×