LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Letter to chief justice for suo moto action

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 28 July 2020 This query is : Resolved 
I am from chennai , tamilnadu - I have received lawyer notice with respect to a property in Coimbatore. The notice mentions that a case has been posted for Aug and IA for interim injunction for non alienation has also been filed.
But the govt of tamilnadu has blocked travel between districts due to covid- therefore I am not able travel to find a advocate or appear before court. Can I highlight this in a letter to the Chief Justice of madras and ask for a suo moto order for stay of proceedings in my case until covid restrictions are lifted.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 28 July 2020
There is stated to be a notice of lawyer of other party, wherein s/he is stated to have filed a case, which do not contain any copy of petition/ plaint / appeal. Ask him/ her to submit a copy so that you can make arragements to defend your case.
No need to travel to Coimbatore.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 28 July 2020
Do you have any details of case for reference of the Court ?
The concept of suo moto do not apply in your circumstances.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 28 July 2020
I have only the case no as provided in lawyer notice- no plaint copy given -i would like to give vakalat to a lawyer only after meeting him in person... Otherwise will have take a risk from Google for lawyer
P. Venu (Expert) 28 July 2020
The lawyer notice is only an intimation. You may wait till you receive the proper summons along with the copies of the plaint, application and the documents.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 29 July 2020
Search from concerned court website status of the case, if you have case number with you and submit an application to the court (where case is pending) for adjournment on the plea of travel restrictions imposed by State government due to COVID-19.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 29 July 2020
It is better to engage a competent lawyer and proceed.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query