Legal heir certificate vs succession certificate

My sisters husband died intestate. He has investments in UTI units and others and also a piece of land in Tamil Nadu. There is only One legal heir who is resident in Mumbai. My question is
1. Whether legal heir certificate will be valid for transfer and registration of land and other assets in the name of the legal heir.?
2. What is the law in Tamil Nadu with respect to registration of land by letter of administration or legal heirship holder?
3. How much is stamp duty application for obtaning legalheirship certificate and succession certificate?

Legal heirship could be issues by the tahsildar whereas the sucession certificate to be applied at the court for secondline.claimants.

Legal heir certificate is issued at nominal charges while for succession certificate mostly states charge stamps in accordance of value of the property.

Apply for a succession certificate / letter of administration for movable properties and obtain "surviving member certificate" from area SDM/ Tehsildar.
Local laws apply to the subject, therefore, seek professional services of a local prudent lawyer.

Agree with the procedural advice from expert Dr. J.C. Vashishta ji.

sankar narayanan Online (Expert)

Yes I do stand with experts points. Normally for the issues related to shares and debenture the company demand the succession certificate

×

IPC Grand Course     |    x