Leave & licence agreement

This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
10 September 2019

Hi There,

We have rented our house in Virar (West) under the leave & licence agreement. Our tenant has not paid us the rent on time, due to which we had issued them the termination notice via Whats app as we are away from Mumbai.

The tenant has kept quiet and has stopped answering our phone calls. Can you please what should we do as we want them to vacate the premises at the earliest.

R.K NandaOnline (Expert)
10 September 2019

send lawyer legal notice, to tenant to vacate premises, through speed post.

kavksatyanarayanaOnline (Expert)
10 September 2019

Yes. first send legal notice to the tenant by Registered Post. If not responded, file erection case. consult an able advocate for further guidance.

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
11 September 2019

thanks Mr. Nanda & Mr.Kavksatyanarayana

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
08 October 2019

Have sent the notice to vacate and the tenant has still not vacated. Can you please advice what could be the charges one should expect for filing eviction suit and the timelines for such suits. Also the charges that i will incur for eviction suit (lawyers fees, court fees), can they be recovered from tenants as the whole reason to terminate the lease is due to the breach of payment terms by tenant.

Kishor MehtaOnline (Expert)
15 October 2019

If the leave & Liceense document is duly stamped,executed and registered and if the licensee is not paying the license fees you can file an eviction suit in the special court and demand double the amount of license fees under section 24 of the Maharashtra Rent Control act 1999. You can request rhe court to compensate you for the legal expenses.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Muslim Personal Law     |    x