LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Leakage in external lobby

(Querist) 23 November 2022 This query is : Resolved 
We have critical leakage problem in lobby , parking staircase at various parts of building.
Society Committee is saying Flat owners has to pay for same as leakage source is rom Flat ( which is not proven ) . Please guide whose responsibility is to repair leakage whether society or flat owner.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 23 November 2022
What are the terms and conditions of the bylaw of the society? If they do anything contrary to the terms and conditions, you may complain to the Dy.Registrar/Jt. Director of the Cooperative Housing Societies of your District.
SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert) 24 November 2022

As per society leakage is from the upper flat so in your case, the flat owner has to repair it. Or if society is avoiding by giving the wrong reason then you can approach the co. op. registrar and file a complaint against society.
P. Venu (Expert) 26 November 2022
You may seek remedies against the flat owner concerned as well the Society. As the first step, you have option to serve a Notice through an Advocate.
Pradipta Nath (Expert) 27 November 2022
Refer the deed of the society. It's better to serve legal notice to the secretary as it is his responsibility to fix the problem.
ravi punjabi (Querist) 27 November 2022
Leakage are at 8 different places outside Flats , out of 2 , 1 lift has shut down since last 4 months.
Committee is asking to pay money for repair. Without any evidence, committee is claiming source is from Flat.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query