FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kindly help

(Querist) 12 March 2022 This query is : Resolved 
I just got married a month ago. Me and my wife live with my own father in his house. Before going to honemoon trip, my father asked my wife to give her jewelry to him as he will keep it in his bank locker. After, we came back, we asked him to return the jewelry but he is saying bank stolen the jewelry set (which he gave to my wife at the time of marriage). Moreover, my father is not returning back the jewelry set which was given by my wife's parents. My wife and me requesting him again and again but he is saying he will give after some years. Not only that, he warns us not to go for FIR against lost jewelry otherwise he will also file a complaint against violence being a senior citizer. Sir, kindly suggest what to do, my wife bought her jewelry for marriage with her hard-earned money.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 13 March 2022
Solve the matter with the help of relatives and close friends.
SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert) 14 March 2022

Yes, you have to solve the dispute with your father with the help of your relatives and close friends.

If no amicable resolution is possible then your wife and you can register the complaint about theft and harrassment with local police station.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 15 March 2022
I agree with the experts opinion and advise, solve the matter within family.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 18 March 2022
You think he might steal the jewellery but are you daring to file a case against him?

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query