Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jointly holding share holders claims query

(Querist) 17 August 2021 This query is : Resolved 
Hello Sir, Myself Datta,

My father(B) has to 2 brother(A, C), who jointly held 1000 share in a Company (lets say M/s S pvt ltd), after the death of both the brothers(A, C) My father B has claimed the Share in the Company S, later my father also expired, before his death he has been issues bonus shares of another 500 with exclusively in his name in the share certificate. where as old shares certificate(for 1000) has been issued jointly in A,B,C names.

Now the Company S tells me to apply for succession certificate, so to claim the shares, how many shares am i entitled to , if in case i have a probate of will how may will i get

Thanks in advance
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 18 August 2021
@ Mr. Datta,
Obtain succession certificate from competent court of jurisdiction through a local prudent lawyer.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 18 August 2021
Yes. Agree with the advice of the above learned expert.
P. Venu (Expert) 19 August 2021
Will - whose Will? What is the bequest?
SRI DATTA (Querist) 19 August 2021
My father Left an unregistered will,mentioning about share
P. Venu (Expert) 19 August 2021
It is not necessary that the Will be registered.
SRI DATTA (Querist) 19 August 2021
okk sir, how may share do my father receive, as he is was the last survived share holder in jointly held folio shares

is it Total 1500 share or(1000/3 + 500)

thank you in advance

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query