Upgrad LLM

Inter caste marriage


12 May 2018

If you parties being Hindu of different castes, wishes to marry without the consent of their parents. Under which marriage act does the court register their marriage ? Is it Hindu Marriage Act or Special Marriage Act ?

Ms.Usha KapoorOnline (Expert)
12 May 2018

Under Hindu Marriage Act they can marry with all rituals SathPhere. invocation before the sacred fire, Tying the sacred knot 3 times etc.Under Special Marriage Act. Apart from Hindus whether belonging to same caste or different caste, inter religious Marriages also take place.ehttp://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/expert_point_complete_list.asp

kavksatyanarayanaOnline (Expert)
12 May 2018

Eventhough both of you are Hindus (the age of bride completes 18 years and groom 21 years) you may solemnize the marriage in any temple of Endowments Department. The EO of the temple will issue a receipt regarding your marriage. By enclosig the same, you got your marriage registered at registrar office under Hindu Marriage Act. And both of you shall attend with 3 witnesses before the Registrar and file intended marriage notice. After completion of 30 days but before 90 days your marriage will be solmnized under Special Marriage Act. But try to convince your parents through other elders for getting marriage.

P. Venu Online (Expert)
12 May 2018

Why IF? Is this not a real problem? Any how, please note that there is nothing called court marriage.

dr g balakrishnanOnline (Expert)
13 May 2018

special marriages act;

Sudhir KumarOnline (Expert)
13 May 2018

marraige is legal and possible even without special marriage act like another marriage.

imaginary problem.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x