In what time investigation be completed if fir lodged?

I have lodged a complaint under Sec 156(3) at the concerned thana and the FIR was registered on police records. I.O is appointed and now he demanding Rs 5000/- for submitting true report in the format of chargesheet otherwise he is not interested in submitting any kind of report.

Q1. How I recourse any root to get true report be submitted before Magistrate in time and what is the real time in days to submitting report before court is must under Indian Law or according to guidelines of Supreme Court?

Q2. In which section in Crpc I get a remedy from court to give a report of the investigation of the lodged FIR ?

Q3. What is the other way to get the work done from the police so that the criminal matter comes on trial after police report submit before court?

Arvind Singh ChauhanOnline (Expert)

Sir I think no court can compel to do so. IO has sufficient time as prescribed under 468 Cr.P.C. Higher police authorities can help in pushing the investigation. If final report is submitted option of complaint is open.

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Expert)

He is obliged to submit either closure report (169) or a chargesheet. If he fails to - you can approach the magistrate u/s 156(3) again - seeking monitoring of investigation.

N.K.AssumiOnline (Expert)

The best way out is to approach the District Superintendent of Police.

Advocate Rajkumarlaxman (Expert)

he has to submit final report or chargesheet under sec 173 of cr. p.c otherwise u can still move u/sec 156(3) as suggested by our expert. for monitoring of investigation

Shonee KapoorOnline (Expert)

Complain about the IO to SP/ DSP and othee higher officials.

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Correctly advised by Mr. Shonee Kapoor, I concur.

V R SHROFF (Expert)

Correctly advised by Mr. Shonee Kapoor.
expose law & justice selling Police.

correct report means report favorable to u.
provided u pay IO. Simple.

Sudhir KumarOnline (Expert)

Whether it is state police of UT police

DEEPAK ASSOCIATES (Expert)

you may approach the concerned court under section 156(3) CrPC for action taken report of IO apart from complaint to SP/SSP or higher official.

you may also request to change the IO to the higher police officers.

×