LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Illegally encroachment of land

(Querist) 09 June 2018 This query is : Resolved 
There are people who are illegally encroaching land on the banks of canal besides a state highway. This is causing trouble to residents of the colonies existing to the other side of the highway. How can we make sure that such encroachment is stopped. Will the district magistrate take this into consideration if we write to him.
Guest (Expert) 10 June 2018
Yes, the District Collector is the right authority to be approached.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 10 June 2018
Yeah! The District Magistrate is the correct Authority for you to approach and complain.;
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 11 June 2018
Seek a decree of permanent and mandatory injunction against public nuisance through a local prudent lawyer.
rajeev sharma (Expert) 11 June 2018
Canal side roads generally belongs to irrigation department of concerned state. You may lodge complaint with them as well as with district magistrate. If no action is taken by them for some time you may file writ as PIL before H C of your state seeking direction to district magistrate and irrigation authority to remove illegal encroachment on canal road.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query