How to ask for adjournment of matter before drt ?

This query is : Resolved 

13 June 2012


How can an applicant ask for adjournment of matter before DRT to a next date without his counsel.

Here the applicant will be looking to change the counsel wherefor approching DRT before the date of posting to postpone for 30days before he can be represented by his new counsel

What is the format and process for it before DRT ?

ajay sethiOnline (Expert)
13 June 2012

make simple application for adjournment .

state why you want adjournment . mention the title of original application .

sign the application and submit it when case is called out . adjournment will be granted

13 June 2012

Yes You can submit a petition for adjournment stating the reasons herein,at the time of call work.

Adv ramesh chheda (Expert)
13 June 2012

u can make oral submission befor court and if they insist u to file written application than file written application for adjournment along with po of Rs. 10

hope u r satisfied with this answer in case if u need any further information on this than u may call upon to adv ramesh chheda of mumbai on 9870112826 who is expert on the subject

13 June 2012

make an application praying for the adjournment giving out the stated reasons and submit it to the court on the called date.

R.K NandaOnline (Expert)
14 June 2012

Agree with experts.

R.K NandaOnline (Expert)
14 June 2012

Agree with experts.

K.K.GangulyOnline (Expert)
14 June 2012

Alternatively, you can fix a lawyer afresh who can appear on the date of hearing stating that he has received the brief the previous day & could not prepare himself thus praying for an adjournment.

Shonee KapoorOnline (Expert)
15 June 2012

Nothing left to be added.


Shonee Kapoor

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x