Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

harrasment by police

(Querist) 14 July 2009 This query is : Resolved 
police is harrasing me for last one month on pretext of false theft case,without any notice or writing work police daily calls me & forcibly restraining me in police station for wholre day & late night allow me to go home with a direction to come next morning,even they are not showing me any complaint against me,my father has met with higher police but all proved futile exercise,now i want to file a application before session court seeking blanket bail or issuance a direction to police not to harass me & in case of arrest issue me notice,there is no any FIR against me till now,under which provision /section i can file this application before sessions judge is there any remedy before highcourt me than under which provision plz help me.Thanks
A V Vishal (Expert) 14 July 2009
Dear Bansal

Approach the High court by filing a writ under art 226, seeking the court orders to restrain the police from illegal and arbitary action.

The Writ of Prohibition :
Writ of prohibition means to forbid or to
stop and it is popularly known as 'Stay Order'. This writ is issued when a lower court or a body tries to transgress the limits or powers vested in it.
Jayashree Hariharan (Expert) 15 July 2009

Pls file a write before the Hon'ble High Court for directing the police to restrain from acting at their will, with you.

You can also file a written complaint before the higher officials. Best is to approach the High Court Immediately.

Best wishes. God is with you.
vinjamuri ranga babu (Expert) 15 July 2009
you can approaache Human Rights Commission stating the harassment of the police, the commission will definetely help you in this regard.
Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Expert) 15 July 2009
go to the concerning court wher the police station blong in your district court , and there file an application of wanted report .
if you are wanted in any case then surrender before the court and if no then complaint to court and file a suit against police for illigal harrasment.
A. A. JOSE (Expert) 16 July 2009
Dear Mr.Bansal,

It is rather difficult to believe your story. Normally, this kind of incidents seldom happens. You may kindly give details of the Police Station with the location, State,etc. details, rather than posing such indefinite and non-specific details. Policemen are Public Servants and while I do not rule out excesses, I do not believe that they would go to such an extent as to regularly call you to the Police station, make you wait there for the whole day and harass you in this manner. Unless they have something concrete againist you, I do not think that any Policeman would dare to risk their service and you would submit to them regularly as stated by you. Therefore, kindly be fair and transparent by disclosing correct and complete details while making serious allegations against Public servants so that effective effective remedial measures can be suggested without even approaching the courts of law.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query