LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harassment from mother in law

(Querist) 09 June 2016 This query is : Resolved 
Hello Sir/Madam, I am married since November 2009 and have a baby boy who is 4.5yrs old. I am a hoisewife. My mom in law harass me every day for every single thing in the house, thereby making my life miserable. Actually my mom in law has major influence on my husband n he agrees to whatever wrong she says. Whenever he returns from office she creates one or the other scene and lies to him for petty issues. She tells lies to him and ignites fight/ arguments between both of us. I m really very helpless as I hav got a small child to take care of. Mere parents be dahej me kuch bhi diya nahi hai... aur mere devar ki shadi me meri devrani ne bahut jewellery layi... aur hamesha mayke se kuch na kuch lati rehti hai... aur me kuchbhi nahi lati is liye harass karti hai meri MIL... Aur husband bhi hamesha me hi galat hu aise dikhakar kuch bhi bolte hai..... I m really scared and under severe mental tension, as I am scare of losing my son. Plz suggest legal implications in this matter and oblige. I will b very grateful to you. Thanks in advance....awaiting your legal advise....
Advocate/CS Sanjeev Kataria (Expert) 09 June 2016
you can file a complaint of domestic violence. it is better that first, talk with your hubby about your mother-in-law behavior and try to resolve the dispute amicably at home.
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 09 June 2016
Better get separate with your husband.
Lodging complaint with police is definitely an option but that may ruin your relationship with your husband.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 09 June 2016
You can politely ask your husband and MIL not to harass you.

You can talk to your husband to explore the scope for living separate.

They can not snatch your child from you unilaterally.

Take help of elders to settle the matter amicably.

You can approach police if no alternate is left.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 10 June 2016
Settle the matter amicably avoiding legal recourse. Rope in some elderly relative, preferably naana/naani/maama/maami of your husband.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 18 June 2016
Such like ladies become quite after visiting thana

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query