Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Grill extension of balcony

I stay at 10th Floor in Hari Om Meadows at Sec 5 in Ulwe. The 9th floor owner has extended the balcony with box grill along with sheet over the balcony to a great extent, This is blocking my front views. I just want to know how much a balcony can be extended legally.

It would be great help if you can revert back on the same.

Temporary structure can be allowed by the Society subject to Municipality guidelines.

If it troubles, lodge complaint with the society.

R.RanganathanOnline (Expert)

No alterations are allowed without prior approval from the concerned authorities. You can lodge complaint against the 9th floor owner and ask for removal of the obstructions.

Sudhir KumarOnline (Expert)

see society constitution.

Hemant AgarwalOnline (Expert)

1. Legally Box Grill in Balcony is allowed upto "CHAJJA" level, PROVIDED proper permission is taken from the local Municipal Office by giving reasons for installing of Box Grill.

2. IF permission is not taken THEN it is an prosecutable offence under the Regional Town Planning Act and the local Municipal laws and the Fire Act.

3. Society has no legal jurisdiction to grant permission or demand removal of Box Grills.

You may verify whether due permission has been taken from the Municipality.

It can not be extended beyond chajja and for it permission of Society is a must. It has to be consistant with Bye-Laws of the Society and within municipal laws/ rules on the subject.

Obtain actual position from society and proceed if anything found irregular / against rules.

×

Civil Litigation Course     |    x