LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


(Querist) 06 April 2012 This query is : Resolved 
Hi Experts,

Please suggest on my question related to GPA?

I am planning to buy a property which is bought by the seller from a person who held GPA from his children (sons).

The property originally belonged to GPA holder's wife. After her death in the year 1992, both of his sons issued a GPA stating that their father will have complete right to sell the property.

My question is:

1. Does the sale deed between Father (GPA holder) and Seller (current owner) is valid/legal.

Please help me make a decision whether to buy this property or not.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 06 April 2012
If GPA was registered and was used while selling the property then the sale is valid and cannot be questioned. You have not mentioned whether mentioned children were major or not at the relevant time of sale. If any of them is minor then definitely this is a big problem and you should restrain to purchase otherwise go ahead.
Deepak Nair (Expert) 06 April 2012
The sale of propery is valid if the said sale satisfies the requirements as stated by Mr.Makkad above.
ajay sethi (Expert) 06 April 2012
yes sale is valid . only GPA must be registered .

you cn abuy the property . however do satisfy your self as to whether the seller has paid all property taxes , society maintenace etc
V R SHROFF (Expert) 06 April 2012
nothing to add. take care : nor a minor's right.
prabhakar singh (Expert) 06 April 2012
Mr.Makkad opined correctly.
You can go with provided GPA mentioned is registered and sons were major on the date of execution of the GPA.Take care of other required due diligence to know property is free of all charges.
ESTHERPRIYA (Expert) 07 April 2012
yes it is valid legally.
Shailesh Kr. Shah (Expert) 08 April 2012
I have similar opinion as above.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Expert of the Month

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query