Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Gift deed

This query is : Resolved 

Online (Querist)
18 June 2021

I desire to gift my flat (Mumbai) to my son.
1.What docs are required?
2. My Bank has misplaced my Original Sale Deed of 2003 . So duplicate sale deed is valid for Gift deed process.?
Pls reply.

Advocate Bhartesh goyalOnline (Expert)
18 June 2021

( 1 ) Flates ownership papers.
( 2 ) certified copy of sale deed will serve
your purpose.

kavksatyanarayanaOnline (Expert)
18 June 2021

1.Mother document along with previous documents. 2. You can obtain a copy of the sale deed from the Sub Registrar concerned or online.

K S MURTHYOnline (Querist)
18 June 2021

Thanks a ton , Sri. Satyanarayana sir.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate Online (Expert)
20 June 2021

If the bank has lost the original sale deed, then you may have to get a certificate to that effect from bank along with the no due certificate and also the bank has to cancel the mortgage deed by furnishing the certificate sating that the borrower has discharged the entire loan amount with interest in full and endorse the cancellation of the mortgage loan.
All the above are the documents you may have to hand over to the beneficiary/donee at the time of transferring the property by a registered gift deed to your son.
Besides the above, you may have to obtain the certified registration copy of the sale deed, and other relevant documents pertaining to this immovable property.

Isaac GabrielOnline (Expert)
20 June 2021

Certified copy and no due from bank will suffice.

Sri Vijayan.AOnline (Expert)
23 June 2021

Settlement deed is to be executed and registered.
Certified copy supported by the affidavit issued by the bank with regards to lost of original deeds is to be produced at the time of registration.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x