Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

family property

Guest (Querist) 28 November 2009 This query is : Resolved 
pls tell me;

can a husband ask to his wife to get out from the house,which he construct from his self aquired property?

how can wife defend herself?

A V Vishal (Expert) 28 November 2009
Under the DV Act, if the husband resorts to such a thing, then wife can seek residence orders under the said act from the court.
adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (Expert) 28 November 2009
He can say but she has protection under the DV Act.

prakash vathore (Expert) 28 November 2009
no, husband cant say to his wife to get out from his self acquired proprery.
more over if there is dispute then the wife can claim 50% share in his property.
if the husband forced to leave his home then the best thing to do is first to lodge the police complaint then file a suit for permanant injuction restraining the husband from forcefully dispossesing the wife form his house. i think u got the answer nalini if u still have confusion u can again ask it.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 28 November 2009
No. husband cannot do so under any law except on getting a decree of divorce.
yogesh (Expert) 29 November 2009
If the decree is granted then he may do so
Sanjeev Panda (Expert) 20 February 2010
The husband has a moral responsibility to maintain his wife and he cannot throw out his wife from his house except on divorce decree. The wife can file a complaint under Domestic Violence Act

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :