LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Export declaration form from post office

(Querist) 22 April 2021 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Learned Experts,

We have exported handicrafts products through the post office. We were not aware that the exports must also process through our Authorised Dealer (AD) bank. When the funds arrived at our bank, our bank insisted to submit the Export Declaration Form to credit the funds as they have to update the EDPMS Export Data Processing and Monitoring System.

We have approached the post office with a letter to provide us the EDF as they did not give us a copy of the same at the time of export. They responded by saying that they have intimated the jurisdiction office (Dharwad, Karnataka) to arrange.

Since there was a delay, we again wrote a second reminder. Again we received second response stating that they have sent the request to Mumbai (Maharashtra). So far three reminders have been given to the post office. But nothing has happend

Now, our bankers again reminded and insisted to submit the EDFs to credit the funds once. To date, we have not received the EDF. it's almost one year ten months.

Can we proceed with a legal notice to the Post office asking to submit the EDFs or should I approach the state commissioner of persons with disabilities to intervene and help us as we are registered under the provisions of the Rights of people with disabilities Act?

Appreciate your suggestions and guidance for a speedy expedite of this matter
SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert) 22 April 2021

You can send legal notice and later on approach the consumer forum/state commission against the post department. You can also personally visit and meet senior officials and complaint. They may help you as you are working for disabled persons.
Pradipta Nath (Expert) 22 April 2021
If you are a self employed better to serve them a legal notice and thereafter take the matter with the Consumer Commission. Aside, you may ask for help from your Commissioner!
ashok kumar singh (Expert) 24 April 2021
agreed with views of earlier experts

P. Venu (Expert) 24 April 2021
Equally, you should try to coordinate the matter with the Bank Authorities as well.
Vijaya Bhaskar (Querist) 24 April 2021
I coordinated with the bank and they said to get the EDF we will credit the funds
Sankaranarayanan (Expert) 24 April 2021
Nothing more to add already filled by the experts
Vijaya Bhaskar (Querist) 24 April 2021
Thank you all for your kind courtesy and guidance. I will approach a local lawyer and proceed further.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query