Employer kept my car forefully

I used to work in a company and they gv me car for my private use. Also cmg and going to office. At the time of resignation.the director of the Company has kept the car forcefully with them and also told me to keep the keys of the car only then they will gv me clearence certificate. Nw the car is with them and smbody is using it unlawfully but it is still registered on my name.
What should i do..also no police station is registering FIR for the same... where should i go and file a case. And what will be the jurisdiction of that court? Can i file from the place where i m residing? Or where company is situated?

N.J.S.Rajkumar alias narasimhaOnline (Expert)

First Discuss with an Local Advocate and serve an Notice in Detail to the Company marking copies to Senior Officials of concerned Police station by Post.

Thanks for the reply sir.. notice has already been served and no reply received from that side

Serve the Copies of Notice to concerned Police Officials and wait for 15 days.

What are the terms and conditions of the appointment order? Is there any rule to provide a car permanently? Before joining the company, did they say anything to you regarding the car? I think you cannot claim the car permanently.

Sudhir KumarOnline (Expert)

who was owner of car?

Sir , car is on my name.. i got from company at the time of joining.. whhereas nothing abt it is mentioned anywhere in offer letter or at the time of joining.. can i file a complaint in labour court ?

NO. YOU RESIGNED FROM THE COMPANY YOU SHOULD HANDOVER IT. IT IS NOT YOUR OWN CAR.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900Online (Expert)

Since the car is in your name you can claim the car. If the police are not registering the complaint that case you can file a private complaint in court and get the appropriate order against the company management.

Despite the fact car is in your name but it has been owned and financed by the company purchased for conveyance of the person occupying the post which you have stated to have resigned. How can you claim the car subsequent to your resignation.

If the Name Transfer is Not Effected all the Legal Responsibilities would be on the Person on whose name the Vehicle Registration is done.

×