LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


(Querist) 17 April 2024 This query is : Resolved 
Please guide me
Is it possible to file writ online.

Is there any legal and statutory formalities or fees .

The writ is about my name missed in the electoral list where I was casting vote for over 40 years and living in the same premises for over 20 years

Please guide and advise as the election date is on 19-04-24 at our location
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 17 April 2024
Complain to the District Collector who is the District Election Officer of your district.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 18 April 2024
You may not get any relief even if you file a writ petition online, it will take at least four to five days to get it numbered despite you following all the norms for filing it online including the payment of court fees.
Thus it may not solve the purpose now.However you can engage the services of an advocate in the local on the terms of the chosen advocate
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 18 April 2024
complaint to DM and meet in person. If nothing happens file WP person with request of urgent listing.
Our clarification is infructious now as the Poll date has already happened. In any case, if a person's name is missing following is the procedure:

Checking Voter List:
If your name is missing from the voter list, you can take the following steps:
Approach the Presiding Officer at the polling booth.
Check if your name is in the ASD (Absent/Shifted/Dead/Duplicate) list.
If your name is present in the ASD list, provide proof that you are residing in the same constituency.

You can get your name reinstated if it is missing, by applying to the District Collector with all relevant details of copy of Voter Card, Address Proof. They shall look into the matter and shall do the neeful

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now