Driving license surrender notice

This query is : Resolved 

Online (Querist)
22 May 2019

Greetings to all Experts !!!

I got an E-challan and a Notice of OVERSPEEDING today . First Page is the E-Challan in which they had asked me to Submit Rs 400/- but these are my observations for it :

1> The Date of offense is mentioned as 12-1-2019 ( which is 4 months old ) and time is mentioed as 20:21:29
2> In the " PLACE " field , they have mentioned " Noida Greater Noida Traffic control Center " which seems to be their Own Office Address of Traffic control and not the place of Offense.
3> How much was my SPEED , is also not mentioned anywhere in the E-Challan.
4> In the Image section its written " No Image Available " .

Now My questions are :
1> Is this Challan not bad in Law as I have received it today after 4 months? . How would I try to recall where I was at that time.
2> They have not mentioned about the place where I exceeded the speed Limit, they have not mentioned about the SPEED on which I was driving and they have not given any IMAGE or SCREENSHOT of my CAR which would display the Number. So is this Challan not bad in law ?
3> Can I first just Send them an email asking about the above Details or shall I just Pay the Fine Online and simultaneously send an email to them for Details like my speed , My place of offense , My Image etc.?

What can I do in this case, as the Second Page has a NOTICE to Submit my Driving License as per Motor Vehicle Act 1988 Section 19 and Central Motor Vehicle Rules , Rule no. 21 and had asked me to Submit it by 30-5-2019. Notice also says that Traffic police has given the information of my OVERSPEEDING on 14-5-2019 to the Department which in turn had sent me this NOTICE which I received it today i.e 22-5-2019 by Post.

Thanking you in Anticipation


kavksatyanarayanaOnline (Expert)
22 May 2019

Dear querist there may be something wrong. consult an advocate for guidance.

Dr J C VashistaOnline (Expert)
23 May 2019

Contact challan issuing authorities through a local advocate practicing Motor Vehicle Act, 1988, if you do not want to own your guilt to contest .

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :



IPC Grand Course     |    x