Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Driving license

(Querist) 22 October 2010 This query is : Resolved 
I am currently studying in some state but by doimicile i don't belong to that state .
May i get my Driving license from that state or not ?
I was told that it is not possible but as per form there are two separate columns for present and permanent address.
adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (Expert) 22 October 2010
But now a days residential proof is necessary. So it is better to take driver license from your home state.
Sathyan A.R. (Expert) 22 October 2010
you can ge driving license. The law does not require domicile certificat for obtaining Driving license.
But you have to satisfy the RTO onthe proof oa residential address.
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 22 October 2010
Yes the proof of residence is only required. Not the domicile certificate.
s.subramanian (Expert) 23 October 2010
I agree.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 23 October 2010
I concur.
siddharth (Querist) 23 October 2010
If any RTO rejects my application despite i m provividing bonafide certificate from my college with proof of residence of stay in college hostel ...
Then what should I do ?
Can i complain against this to higher authority ?
Even passport act as validated bonafide certificate as proof of residence for student.
Sri Vijayan.A (Expert) 23 October 2010
In some industrial training institute, for the students getting training in Mechanic (Motor vehicle) trade, the institue gives trining in driving and arranges for license.
There is no problem for them to get license to those students staying in the hostel

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query