Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Domestic violence act.....urgent........

(Querist) 13 May 2012 This query is : Resolved 
I have filed Divorce Petition in the family court on Cruelty Ground which is a pending hearing. Subsequently in order to harass me and my family member, wife filed application under Domestic Violence Act. Court passed an Interim order for Payment of Maintenance and Separate Accommodation. As per Order I have been paying Maintenance regularly and provided separate accommodation on Leave & License basis. Now 2 years have been passed not a single day she stayed there in the rented premises. She is staying along with her father. She wants to harass me and weaken financially. She is a professionally Beautician and Providing services at Mumbai. She denies in the court that she is not a beautician but she is a housewife. Based on that court passed an order for Maintenance. Can anybody help me about this matter ????. Is there any solution or provision in the act to get out from providing separate accommodation for not staying in the rented premises? She is taking maintenance in spite of professional Women. She has also filed 498A Case which is a pending hearing. Please Provide solution at earliest. If possible mail me at
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 13 May 2012
what prooof do you have that she is earning?
V R SHROFF (Expert) 13 May 2012
Gather Proof of her Income, and Photos, Witnesses, that she do not reside at provided Flat, so not entitled to residence.
SAINATH DEVALLA (Expert) 13 May 2012
You can humbly pray to the court about her whereabouts.A petition can be submitted in the court praying that despite providing rented accommodation to her she is staying in another city,resulting in a rental loss to you.Gather authentic proofs of her profession,and act fast.
Shonee Kapoor (Expert) 13 May 2012
She would not have started working all of a sudden if she is a professional.

Ask for her ITRs and furnishing of affidavit. Also you can take help of professional detective.


Shonee Kapoor
ajay sethi (Expert) 13 May 2012
you must have neggaqed a lawyer in Mumbai for DV and 498 a case . your lawyer must have made application to court calling upon wife to produce her it retruns etc .

you can hire adetective agnecy if you feel she is lying about her employment status

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query