FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Divorce on cruelty

(Querist) 04 May 2013 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Ld. Friends Its been almost 2.5 yrs my wife had left with my daughter when she was 3.5 years. After 6 months of leaving me I filed RCR to call her back in return of which she filed false complaint against me in women cell after almost 1 years of leaving me which further converted into FIR under Sec. 498a and later on she also filed false DV and Crpc 125 case against me. Now she is been preparing for to file divorce from me on cruelty basis. Now even I m also thinking over to divorce her. So if she files Divorce case against me on cruelty basis should i immediately give divorce to her..or constest it...If i give immediately then what will be the impact on other cases filed by my wife against me.....??
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 04 May 2013
It shall be better for you to file MCD which shall be the only solution to your entire litigation and divorce.
aman rajput (Querist) 04 May 2013
But Sir my in laws side are demanding too much i.e. 10 Lacs in other cases so Sir if i immediately give divorce to her on her petition then will it effect other cases also .....if yes in what way???
Nadeem Qureshi (Expert) 04 May 2013
Dear Aman
fight the case, if it is proved in any proceeding that there is any cruelty then you can be convicted in 498A. so as per my opinion fight the divorce case as long you can.
Feel Free to Call
prabhakar singh (Expert) 04 May 2013
continue to contest
R.K Nanda (Expert) 04 May 2013
defend case strongly.
M V Gupta (Expert) 04 May 2013
If u do not contest the divorce application filed by ur wife wherein she alleges cruelty, it would amount that u have conceded her allegation. This would adversely affect ur defence in other cases filed by her.
ajay sethi (Expert) 04 May 2013
you can have divorce petition filed by her converted into divorce by mutual consent . settle all outstanding issues so that she with draws all other cases . if you are unable to pay rs 10 lakhs demanded by her contest the case
Arun Kumar Bhagat (Expert) 04 May 2013
Without conceding to cruelty charges, submit application in Court stating that the divorce be granted on the ground of marriage irretrievably broken down. Thereafter contest other cases vigorously negating cruelty allegations.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query