Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Divorce delay in false case of dowry &dv 498a,323,504 ipc

Guest (Querist) 04 July 2018 This query is : Resolved 
Went through a series of dates in High Court for mediation where wife first agreed to stay with me,then in another date refused to stay with me separately.Even in the middle of these dates we met several times in train while going back to our working location.She put conditions that we can be together only if I stay away from my family to which I also asked her to leave her family.Finally in coming dates she refused to stay and asked for mutual divorce as the bride's greedy family was focussing on 'Stridhan' instead of saving couple's marriage.Her counseller & her family already planned to get 40-50 L if I don't leave my family & stay separately with her.
After a series of tormenting dates in Mediation Centre ,High Court for almost a year the final day came up where we got to knew that a big mastermind plan was being cooked up using 'Brahma-Astra' 498A to demand as much amount as they can through the video they made secretly while fixing the amount for marriage arrangements. They showed the video to mediation counseller claiming that a bag full of 20-25 lakhs has been separately given to my father.But then counseller turned down their claim saying that such claims cant be proved in cases as to what is how much is inside bag ,it will result in endless arguments.
Their intentions behind the marriage surfaced as clear as crystal.If the groom doesnt goes the way they want ,they can claim huge amount using false case of dowry.However an amount was reached after several discussions and claims.After all bride's family has 'Brahma-Astra' 498A, who can question them ,its we have to prove our innocence. They didnt returned our jewellery,but we returned theirs to get rid of them.We thanked God for saving our family from such deceitful & greedy family.

However there are still somethings left,like the date has been provided for appearance before High court which has been given in November.
Earlier we have appeared before Family Court Judge and signed for divorce.The false case hasn't been lifted against my family as the
court was closed in June and the settlement file by mediation centre wasnt shared to resp Judge to close the case.
Nowadays My Company is planning to send me abroad for long and in this July I have to appear once before the COurt which I can do.
But the long wait till Nov date for final appearance before HC Judge is tormenting me because I am likely to travel abroad in
6-8 weeks after that I cant afford to come back quickly in a couple of months spending huge amount from my pocket just for this
Divorce proceedings.Our Family has already suffered humiliation ,huge loss in arranging marriage & then paying hefty amount to greedy Bride's Family
for false 'stridhan'.

Its very clear from Mediation Counseller's words that both families want to dissolve the marriage.
The Courts given date in November cant be preponed for me, and the court never has any sympathy for groom's party.
Is there any way that we can schedule that date much before or keep that date postponed to 4-5 months later as my overseas travel wont allow me to quickly return within short span of time.Morever I guess Court wont pay heed to my concerns that my overseas round trip could
cost me 1 Lakh and much more.Please reflect some light because there must be some resolution to this as so many celebraties
travel abroad despite having cases on them.
P. Venu (Expert) 05 July 2018
Please post simple but precise facts.
Kumar Doab (Expert) 05 July 2018
Approach a very able senior LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in Family matters and well versed with latest citations, LOCAL applicable rules/laws/ … and having successful track record…. and worth his/her salt…..with whole case file.

Such counsel should be able to help you.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 06 July 2018
I Agree with experts.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 07 July 2018
I agree with experts.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query