This query is : Resolved 

Online (Querist)
31 August 2017

Three years ago, my friend's daughter was enticed to marry a person. She was threatened and forcibly married. She was tortured mentally and physically by hi and his mother. She was not allowed to worship god. She was not allowed to continue her education. She was not allowed to fetch a job. She was living under threat. When things worsened, she left his house about 2 years. No cohabitation from that time. Though she could file DV complaint, she did not on advise by her father. Now she wants divorce. He is not consenting. No documents or evidence on her behalf.

What best she can do? Can she succeed?

Advocate Ramesh (Expert)
31 August 2017

surely she would file and divorce in appropriate court. she will suceed. no need for documentation. on the ground of cruelty and not living together for more than two years is enough to suceed the case

Advocate Bhartesh goyalOnline (Expert)
31 August 2017

File divorce petition on ground of cruelty chances are better to win the case.

Rajendra K Goyal Online (Expert)
31 August 2017

Agree with the expert Advocate Bhartesh goyal.

Adv. Yogen KakadeOnline (Expert)
01 September 2017

I agree with the experts.

venkatesh RaoOnline (Querist)
07 September 2017

Thanks a lot dear experts. My advocate says since she has deserted and she has not filed any complaint and no neighbors depose the fact of torture, chances are feeble. Any way, thanks for boosting my confidence.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x