Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Disinheritance of son

(Querist) 19 November 2013 This query is : Resolved 
My father in law has been living with us ( i.e his daughter and me (son-in-law))since the last 2 1/2 years as his son and daughter in law have shown utter disregard to his well being. my mother in law expired intestate in 2009. the son holds 16 % undivided share in my father in laws flat and my wife holds 16 % and my father in law 66 %. the flat was bought by self aquired funds by my father in law and his son has 0 Rs contribution to it. That being the matter i want to know the process of disinheritance as my father in law is very disturbed that his son and D in law havnt bothered to even call him ONCE or even meet him ONCe in the last 2 1/2 years. they are absolutely not bothered whether he lives or dies. Just the other day my father in law rang up his son and said he would like to meet him, and his son flatly refused to meet him or acknowledge him !! i would like to bring to the fact that we are in the process of filing suit of maintenance U/s 125 of the IPC against him ( the son ).Does this not amount the cruelty and indifference by the son towards his 82 year old father ? are they not laws that protect the rights of senior citizens against this absolute uncareing and indifferent attitude. I mean not even one phone call or visitinquiring about his health etc... not even one!! kindly advise. Thank you
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 19 November 2013
please come clearly what you want to know?

How the percentage of shre of you all fixed in property? any deed registered?
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 19 November 2013
Your father can register a gift deed in favour of his daughter and can also make a will in her favour of his share.

If inheritance is declared then the right to maintenance as desired shall also cease to exist.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query