LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Form land of 1.5 acre can be registered to 8 diff people ?

(Querist) 02 August 2021 This query is : Resolved 
Hello Experts,
Can someone tell me, in Karnataka, the form land of 1.5 acre we are thinking to divide into 8 diff people and wanted register to each one of them, that like registering 7 or Gunta to each person, is this possible and allowed ?
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 02 August 2021
You have not stated the full facts. How did the eight(8) different persons acquired the land? It is most important to give you a reply.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 03 August 2021
You can make a partition amicably by meets and bounds, demarcate share of each other, make a schedule with sketch and get it registered.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 03 August 2021
Yes, amicably partition is the best way,proceed for partition by meets and bounds and then get it registered in Sub Registrar office.
Shashikant V. Patil (Expert) 03 August 2021
Kindly refer Cealing Act of Karnataka, since as per your statement, it is farm land i.e. agricultural land and its total area is 1.5 Acre i.e. 60 Gunthas land registered to 8 purchaser. This total land hold by 8 owners jointly or commonly is valid . But if you make partition i.e. 7.5 Gunthas per head is not valid as it violates the Cealing Act of the state varies state to state. However transfer of each share within or among other co-owner is valid.
P. Venu (Expert) 03 August 2021
You have not posted the material facts. To my understanding, the provisions of Ceiling Act are of no application in the given facts.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now