New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

About my name in certificates

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 13 May 2021 This query is : Resolved 
My name S.Raj aravind , i am having this name in some certificates , but also i am having (S.Rajaravind) my name without space in some certificates . will it affects me in any certificate verification ?

what can i do for this ?

Now i am preparing for competitive exams , i am scared about this .
Sankaranarayanan (Expert) 13 May 2021
No need to worry , its not harm you.. wish you concentrate your exam and do well
Shilesh Patel (Expert) 13 May 2021
There is nothing to worry about it, prepare for your exam.
Pradipta Nath (Expert) 13 May 2021
Nothing will happen. No one can take your merit.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 13 May 2021
Okay sir , thank you for information.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 13 May 2021
i am fine now by knowing that this is not a problem . But can i do solve this mistake in government gazette ?
Advocate M.Bhadra (Expert) 13 May 2021
Generally no problem is there, but some recruiting authority may create problem in future. You should get an Affidavit before the Judicial Magistrate in your sub-division court by declaring that you are one and same identical person. The same have to be submitted as and when required by your employer.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 13 May 2021
there is no problem. If you feel it is a problem, a Notarised Affidavit regarding your name in space and without space is one and the same.
P. Venu (Expert) 14 May 2021
Yes, such discrepancies are quite common and need not give raise to any problem. If at all problem, the discrepancy could be explained through an affidavit.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 15 May 2021
This difference in the name is certainly a problem because both are different names.
Since it may create problems for your career examinations in future where the entire documents including such petty issues will come under scanner, you have chances of getting your application rejected if this error is observed by the authority which has not been accompanied by an explanation with supporting authentic documents.
Hence it is better that you follow the procedures for name change as per law. and get the issue corrected now itself instead of repenting over it at a later stage.
You can get notarised sworn affidavit declaring both the names are one and the same and you are known by the both names and that you give this affidavit for the purpose of clarifying the error in the spelling your name.
After this you can issue a public notice in two local newspaper one in vernacular language and another in English, attach these documentary evidences to the certificates and send them along with the application wherever you may apply for including the competitive examinations.
This would ensure that your error in the name was duly rectified by you and your eligibility is confirmed in all aspects.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now