New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manual correction on sale deed by the writer

(Querist) 30 April 2021 This query is : Resolved 
I purchased land in 2020 sep16, In the very first line of the document, they mentioned 2019 instead of 2020 and registered with that typo error, we realized this typo on the next day of the registration and gave the document to the writer for corrections, seems like he manually corrected the date in black pen and rescanned, we were NOT aware that the rectification deed is applicable to overcome this at that time when I apply a document copy today, I'm getting two pages of the first page, one with the original date 2019 and the other one with the corrected date (2020) manually. also, In EC, i don't see any comments written on the same, When i check with the registrar to resell or gift deed, he is not ready to proceed due to these two copies of one page, Am i able to do the gift deed or resell using this.

Appreciate your advice.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 30 April 2021
Yes, these two documents ( original first page marked year 2019 and another rectified page marked year 2020 ) can be used for executing gift deed and sale deed.

kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 30 April 2021
The alteration of the date of execution is not correct. How the did Sub Registrar scan the document again? The system of the website of the department does not allow for rescanning without mention of the orders issued by the District/Regional Registrar of stamps & registration. It requires rectification. If you do not rectify the same, there is no problem as this mistake should be identified by the Sub Registrar at the time of registration of the document. It is his irregularity. So you can transfer the property as you like.
Trivendra Kumar Sharma (Expert) 30 April 2021
Such mistakes have result in multifold problems & rectification deed must be executed as soon as it comes to notice.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 01 May 2021
Inspect records of sub-registrar where the document was registered.
Such correction/ rectification is invalid and illegal.
Sankaranarayanan (Expert) 01 May 2021
yes i do stand with Kavaksatyanaraya answer it should be followed accordingly
Pradipta Nath (Expert) 01 May 2021
Apply for correcting the error stating the whole facts in the petition.
ashok kumar singh (Expert) 01 May 2021
agreed with views of earlier experts
Mohankumar Panneerselvam (Querist) 01 May 2021
Thank you all for your advice, I checked with my advocate (in my area) on the same issue and he suggested two options, seems like, this manual correction issue is identified by the Auditing process in the Sub Registrar office, hence my lawyer suggests to meet District Registrar in person and seek for their guidance if the DR also is not allowed to do a further transaction like a gift deed or sale deed because of this issue, then we may lodge a complaint against the Sub-registrar explaining the situation, does this works?
SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert) 01 May 2021

You have to register the rectification deed. A personal meeting with District Registrar will not resolve the problem. However, there is no problem to resale/gift the property.
Asgher Mahdi (Expert) 01 May 2021
Rightly said by Mr.Shirish Pawar. Yes, you need to for rectification deed.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 02 May 2021
Since this is an error it need to be rectified.
For rectifying this error, even though it is just a typo error, a registered rectification deed is to be executed by the vendor in favor of the buyer.
As rightly opined by other experts, a meeting with the district registrar or a complaint against the sub registrar will not solve the problem, in fact it will aggravate the issue, instead follow the simple procedure of executing a registered rectification deed which would solve all the problems.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now