New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Flat transfer after death without nomination

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 29 March 2021 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Sir,

My father who was flat owner passed away without registering a flat nomination and no will made by him .

We i,e. myself and sister want to transfer flat in our mothers name

What is the exact procedure. We Live in mumbai in CHS .
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 29 March 2021
Obtain your father's death certificate from the concerned authorities and a legal heir certificate from the Tahsildar concerned. If it is for filing of nomination to the society only, NOC by you and your sister to your mother is sufficient. Otherwise, you and your sister have to execute a relinquishment deed releasing your rights over the property in favour of your mother.
Sankaranarayanan (Expert) 30 March 2021
I do stand with the expert sri Kavisatyanaraya suggestion
krishna mohan (Expert) 30 March 2021
Well advised by Mr.Satyanarayana. I may add you can do a family settlement deed duly registered if your intention is to transfer the whole ownership to your mother.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 31 March 2021
Well advised by expert Mr. Kavksatayanaayana, I endorse and appreciate.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now