New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gift/quit claim deed juridiction

(Querist) 11 January 2020 This query is : Resolved 
I have a property in Delhi and have a sale deed of the same.
But now I am residing in other part of India presently Mumbai and may be some other city in future based on my posting.
I have to make gift deed for this property and quit claim deed for other properties in Delhi.
Can I make gift deed by visiting any registrar office/court in Mumbai/any other city or I will have to do it from Delhi only?
Same question on quit claim deed.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 11 January 2020
1. There is no such deed as "quit deed"
2. Gift Deed has to be registered with area Sub-Registrar office in Delhi where property (ies) is/are located. However, instead of personally visiting SR Office you may executed a registered attorney in favour of "someone" in Delhi to get the Gift Deed executed on your behalf.
3. It is advisable to consult a local prudent lawyer with relevant records for better appreciation of facts/documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding.
P. Venu (Expert) 11 January 2020
The deed cannot be executed anywhere, but at the place where the property is situated. The task could be entrusted with a power of attorney.
RKP (Querist) 11 January 2020
Thanks Vashista and Venu sir for the response.
By quit deed I meant Quit claim deed(
Sb Karma (Expert) 14 January 2020
Ok understood your quit claim...but better to go through gift's best to do.
An yes go for local
krishna mohan (Expert) 16 January 2020
Gift deed you can execute as advised by experts with the help of lawyer specialized on property matters. You may consider PoA to administer property and give you return at the terms also if you are not thinking of total disposal of the property by gift deed.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 16 January 2020
If you are desirous of transferring this property to any other person by a gift deed, then you may execute a registered gift deed in his/her favor, however this can be done only within the jurisdictions of the registrar under whose limit the property is situated.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now