Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Appeal in division bench of high court

(Querist) 12 September 2019 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Experts,

Against an interim order of Family Court in the case of child custody case, we appealed in High Court under Article 227. In case order goes against us, is there any option we can file review appeal under Article 226 in the same High Court ?

Please note that we have not mentioned Article 226 while filing present Petition.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 13 September 2019
Wait for outcome of the petition already filed by you.
What is the opinion and advise of your lawyer if you are a litigant?
R.K Nanda (Expert) 13 September 2019
Wait for order of HC.
krishna mohan (Expert) 13 September 2019
Hope for the positive outcome. Your lawyer will be able to advise on after the Division Bench order.
P. Venu (Expert) 15 September 2019
It is rare that Review provides any remedy. More over, it is premature to contemplate on such a course at this stage.
ks (Querist) 17 June 2020
Dear Experts,

My High Court order rejected my interim application stating that in Article 227, Courts have very limited power. High Court redirected matter to Family Court with instruction to finish the main matter in 4 months. None of the litigating party had asked for speedy trial.
Can this be challenged with division bench or I have only option to goto SC ?

There is no point in running main matter in FC without any good interim order.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 17 June 2020
There seems no point to challenge the single bench order of the high court so appear before the family court now and get the matter settled thereupon.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :