Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Non payment of salary to teachers

(Querist) 05 February 2019 This query is : Resolved 
Dear All,

I need an advice related to non payment of salary to teachers. My wife is teacher in private school in Gurgaon. She and all other teacher of that schools have not received salaries for three months now. They have done demand of salary many times but management just keep delaying it. They all together went to Labor commissioner office yesterday and commissioner told them he can not take any action against the school as teachers don't fall under labor office.
Many of the teachers went on strike due to non payment of salary and in turn school terminated their job same day, though official offer letter says that one month of notice period is required.
Now my question is very obvious, how to get three month salary and also any legal action can be taken against such arbitrary decision of school.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards
KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Expert) 05 February 2019
Dear Sir,
The private employees have no right however the association of such terminated teachers may approach education minister and higher officers of educational department and make the issue very big. Further you may approach media and place the matter before the public.

Please mark “LIKE” if satisfied by my answer.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 05 February 2019
For opening a Private School, it requires DEO's (Higher Education Board as the case may be) permission. so make a complaint against the school management to the DEO of the District and Board of Higher Education making copies to the Education Minister, Labour Commissioner through RP. if necessary using RTI.
H.M.Patnaik (Expert) 06 February 2019
You can consult any experienced local lawyer dealing with educational matters to find out the right forum to agitate the matter.
P. Venu (Expert) 07 February 2019
If there are no alternate remedies, a civil action could be filed seeking stay on the arbitrary action and payment of unpaid salaries as interim relief.
In the alternate, a complaint could be registered with the Adalat in the Local Court citing the School Management and the Educational Officers as respondents,

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :