LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Including the name of wife in property

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 25 June 2018 This query is : Resolved 
I have a house in my name. i want to include name of my wife in the property papers. what is the cheapest option.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 25 June 2018
Disclose your identity first. as per rules of the Forum no answer to an query by Anonymous.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 26 June 2018
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 26 June 2018
R.Ramachandran (Expert) 26 June 2018
I answer whether the Querist is Anonymous or otherwise.

1. In the original property documents, you will not be able to add anybody's name, other than the one which is already recorded.

2. The methods by which you can give the full or part of the property to anybody else is by means of WILL (which is the cheapest, but will take effect after the death of the person making the WILL), GIFT, Sale, Settlement etc.

3. GIFT and Sale will involve avoidable stamp duty.

4. Settlement Deed will involve lesser stamp duty.

But, by executing documents at 3 or 4, still the name in the original documents will not undergo any change. But, it will be subject to the GIFT/SALE/Settlement Deed executed and registered.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 26 June 2018
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 26 June 2018
blank blank b lank blank.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 26 June 2018
Kumar Doab (Expert) 26 June 2018
Pls post with your ID and not as AQ and you can get many replies.
Your ID does not mean your email id or phone number and don’t post these also.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 27 June 2018
If you want to to include name of wife in property papers GIFT, Sale, Settlement Deed will do. Gift and sale will incur less stamp duty. Settlement Deed will include even lesser stamp duty.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 27 June 2018
I stick to my above view.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 27 June 2018
No reply for an anonymous author, as per rules of this platform.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :