LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deceased husband

(Querist) 18 June 2018 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Expert
My husband left a house property. I have four grown up daughters. My dauhters want the property on my name. We have a certificate for legal heirs. we live in Tamilnadu and without much expenses, how to change the title on my name. We belong to muslim community.
Thanks in advance
Kumar Doab (Expert) 18 June 2018
The authority under whose jurisdiction property falls has a set procedure for such matters if NO WILL has surfaced; Intestate Succession…….and the prescribed forms, procedure, process is available in O/o Authority and even on website. Death certificates, legal heir certificate/affidavit (per local procedure-precedence) are basic requirements. Then authority shall act upon and transfer the ownership in the name of legal heirs. Obtain copy of updated mutations records showing share of legal heirs. This grants rights equal to that of owner to legal heirs. All legal heirs are at liberty to relinquish/release/transfer/gift/sell their share in anyone’s favor.
Kumar Doab (Expert) 18 June 2018
Usually authorities do not charge FEE in such matters of inheritance or IT would be negligible..
If all legal heirs of deceased are willing to relinquish in your favor by a valid/registered deed then you can become sole owner..
Such deed has lowest charges...

Inquire locally at SRO..
Bousalya (Querist) 18 June 2018
Thanks Expert My understanding first procedure is transfer of ownership to legal heirs and then to my name. Thanks Expert
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 19 June 2018
I agree with Kumar Doab.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 19 June 2018
I agree with Kumar Doab.
Kumar Doab (Expert) 19 June 2018
You may not have to wait….

Legal heir certificate as per your post has already been issued and you must be having death certificate..
If the legal heir certificate correctly contains the names of all legal heirs per provisions of personal law;
The all legal heirs can relinquish their share
If your daughters are the only legal heirs then they can relinquish their share
The relinquishment deed can be submitted alongwith all other requisite docs..and updated mutations records can be obtained..
Subsequently you should become sole owner…
Check locally in O/o Authority..
Bousalya (Querist) 20 June 2018
Thanks Expert. Best Regards
Kumar Doab (Expert) 20 June 2018
You are welcome!

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query