LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Property dispute

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 25 October 2017 This query is : Resolved 
Hello experts, plz advice on my problem:

I had two mothers ,Own Mother & Step-Mother (both of them are NO MORE, they left no will also). I have a younger brother of my own and a brother & sister from Step-M. Back then in 1970s, we were a joint family and whatever money we earned used to go in common account. We have a House in posh area which is in the name of Step-mother. Now the brother from Step-Mother says that he's the only legal heir of the property. What are the prospects if we file property suit in court of law?

Thanks in Advance!!
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 26 October 2017
In the absence of a will all of you get equal rights in the property left behind by your parents and your late step mother.But one hitch. If the house in posh locality is in your stepmother's name her legal heirs her son.and daughter after getting legal heirs certificate will get their mother's property transferred in their names.Regarding remaining property you all have equal shares in the properties left behind b your parents.
Vijay Raj Mahajan (Expert) 26 October 2017
In case of Hindu Succession Act 1956 the on the death of Hindu female who dies intestate, without making a Will, her property devolves in equal share amongst all her children and husband if alive. The sons and daughters includes step son and step daughter.
If the case in question is that for Hindus than the claim and share of step son in the property exists.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 26 October 2017
thanks a lot for advice.
Kumar Doab (Expert) 26 October 2017
AQ………………so NO reply…
Kumar Doab (Expert) 26 October 2017
You may post with your ID and you can get many replies………….
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 26 October 2017
No advice from me to an author who is anonymous.

You can post the query in fresh thread with your identity and material facts.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query