LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


(Querist) 11 October 2017 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Sir, I had booked a flat at Andheri in 2015, with a reputed builder ACME in a prime project ACME BOULEVARD comprising of six towers. I booked a 3 BHK flat in the proposed tower NO. 6 for which building work was yet to commence. I made 40% payment for that at that time. I paid money by cheque to the builder and also deposited TDS online. Builder issued me allotment letter and payment receipts. Builder has still not commenced the work for the same tower and is blaming market situations and asking me to shift to another tower. I don't want to shift to another tower and instead want my money back. Builder is saying he cannot return the money immediately and asking me to wait for one year or so to get the money back. He will pay in instalments. What should I do to recover the money with interest?
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 11 October 2017
When the possession was to be handed over according to builder buyer agreement?

File consumer complaint or lodge complaint with RERA.
Vijay Kumar (Querist) 11 October 2017
Dear Sir, the builder had issued only the allotment letter and possession date is not mentioned. Tower no. 6 (where the flat is booked) in the Project is not yet registered in RERA.
Vijay Kumar (Querist) 11 October 2017
Kindly respond to my above query?
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 12 October 2017
File a complaint in consumer court ON ACCOUNT OF BUILDER'S DEFICIENCY IN SERVICE OR RERA for recovery of money with interest and damages against the builder for breach of contract.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 12 October 2017
You can file consumer complaint for deficiency of service.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 12 October 2017
Repeated query:

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query