LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Separate property cards after partition between co owners

(Querist) 27 September 2017 This query is : Resolved 
Dear All,
My father and his brother are joint owners of a residential plot within pune municipal corporation limits,the property card shows my fathers and his brothers name,they did a deed of declaration in the year 2013 duly registered with sub registrar`s office,as per the deed the plot was divided amongst them into two equal halves and as per index 2 of the deed it was mentioned north side 50% will be retained by my father and south side 50% will be retained by his brother.Recently my father executed a gift deed in my query is
can I apply for a separate property card and can my uncle get a separate property card,the current property card is common showing the whole area as one and joint names of my father and his brother.
if I get a separate property card it will be better as it will show only my 50% north share
and my uncles separate property card as it will show only his 50% south share.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 28 September 2017
If your father is still alive did he transfer his 50% interest in the house property in your favour through gift deed registered. Or if dies intestate his 50% interest will devolve upon by survivorship on his brother and not to his legal heirs or you.
Vikas (Querist) 28 September 2017
Yes my father was the donor and i am the donee and in the schedule of the gift deed and in the draft as well its clearly mentioned the history of the plot and then my father and uncle getting the deed of declaration done wherein my uncle surrendered his share in north side of plot 50% and my father surrendered his share in south side of plot 50% and my father is the only and true owner of the northern side 50 percent and he out of natural love and affection towards me have gifted me his share.And i am now the only true owner.
My main concern is getting a separate property card,and not one common property card
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 28 September 2017
You can get separate property card by showing the gift deed etc.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 28 September 2017
You can get separate property card, contact the concerned department, complete the formality and proceed.
Vikas (Querist) 28 September 2017
Dear All,thank u for ur help,very much appreciated
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 02 October 2017
You are welcome. May revert in case of additional information / advice needed.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 18 June 2018
I stick to my above view

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query