LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Demand for Documents

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 24 December 2010 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Sirs,

I am one of the married daughter of my late father who expired in 1986 without making any will. we are 3 brothers-sisters and a mother in our family. My late father has left behind him some property, the status of which is not in my knowledge. This include one residential flat and one office premises in mumbai apart from some FD etc. Now nobody is providing me the details of any of such property. Sir, how can I get a copy of douments related to such propety so as to decide the title and my right in it. Please advise me in the matter.

Thanking you.
Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Expert) 24 December 2010
You can issue a Notice to your mother and Brothers to disclose the particulars of Assets and properties and FD/s of your late father and demand partition of the same .
Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Expert) 24 December 2010
You can obtain the Encumbrances Certificate on the Flat & Shop - from Sub Registrar Concerned on the properties thereby you will be knowing the Registered Documents- reflected in the EC - on the property - including your father purchase documents .
If the Flat is in Co- Op Hosing Society - issue a Notice to the Society to furnish the particulars of property documents and share Certificate and status of the owner after the death of your father

You can also approach the Auditor of Your father - he may provide all other particulars/FD / Bank Accounts etc of Your father available with him
s.subramanian (Expert) 24 December 2010
I fully support the view of Mr.Rao.
Khaleel Ahmed (Expert) 24 December 2010
Well advised.
Satyendra Kumar Pandey (Expert) 24 December 2010
Adding one more after the views of Mr. Rao accepting his view tat contact with your family lawyer or any close friend of your father may be he help you to get your required related to property but for FD's or other saving certificate contact with the concern bank authority, they can help you.
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 24 December 2010
That apart you can straightway file a suit for partition of the immoveable and moveable properties. If ypur father has died intestate then you would get your due share.
Gulshan Tanwar (Expert) 27 December 2010
My ld. friends are right.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query