LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Cruelty - inlaws - urgent help needed

(Querist) 30 April 2012 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Learned members,
My wife went home when she was 3 months pregnant and never returned. My efforts for a reconciliation failed. Also their relatives who mediated were not able to convince my wife to return to marital life. She completely deserted me after going to her parent’s home and she delivered a child. Her parents have constantly fuelled and fanned her. After great difficulty I was able to convince her and we moved to separate home near her parent’s home. Even after that there was constant brainwashing by her parent’s. She hardly stayed with me for a month’s time and again got conceived. We already have a girl child who is 1.6 months old. My inlaws convince her for an abortion. In spite of my request not to abort she aborted. Again she went back to her parent’s home and there was no whereabouts for more than 3 months and she again returned. She said that she would scarify everything for the sake of the child and just stayed for one night. My inlaws habituated my kid in AC. The very same night the kid was not able to sleep and she wanted me to drop her at her parent’s place at 2.30 am. The next day morning she came back and said that unless and until I arrange for and washing machine she will not return. She also stopped communicating and stopped my access to my child. She always threatens me saying that even if I move to court the custody of the child will be with her only. I am amazed as all I want is a family and kid and nothing more.
1. I intend to complain against my inlaws for intervening in my family.
2. Hope and pray my wife and kid come back.
3. In case she is not willing to return.
4. Is there possibility that she false case against me and my family with vengeance and revenge?
5. Already, she took all the jewels and other articles with her long time back.
Seeking desperate help.

Best regards,

ajay sethi (Expert) 30 April 2012
your complaints against in laws will further aggravate situation . contact a marraiage counsellor .

you have to place on record that wife has taken away all her jwellery . contact a lawyer
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 30 April 2012
Agreed with Mr Sethi I will add that somewhere your fault also is there.
SAINATH DEVALLA (Expert) 01 May 2012
Dear Mr.Sundar,

Was your's a love marriage or an arranged marriage? Depending on this reply I will extend my views.
Sundar (Querist) 01 May 2012

It's an arranged marriage. They took away all the jewellery from my home on 22nd aug 2010. She is abusing now that i've done nothing for her sitting in her parent's house. I've clearly prepared a pettion stating that she has taken the jewells aways.

ajay sethi (Expert) 01 May 2012

the problem is you dont consult lawyers before taking any steps .

you have to first send her emails /letters requesting her to come back . in said letter mention that she has taken away all her jwellery too .

wait for answer .

then file petition after some time
Shonee Kapoor (Expert) 01 May 2012
What kind of settlement you are looking for?

If the situation what you have mentioned is true, and there are no other reasons. Then you are heading for trouble.

No point in filing any complaint with Police and all.

Rather I would suggest you become a member of and join the local chapter of SIFF.


Shonee Kapoor
Sundar (Querist) 01 May 2012
Dear Learned Members,

I am not looking for a settlement. I just want to request the police that my inlaws should not interfere in the Marital affairs. All i want is have access to the kid. My wife is a good person as we have never fought over petty issues, but after my inlaws intervention she has been using very strong words. I've also asked her to come for counsilling for which she is refusing.


You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query