Court fee for damages ?

This query is : Resolved 

06 January 2012

My Learned Friend!

1. Is for filing a civil suit for damages Under CPC I will have to give first at the time of filing the Requisite court fee according to the amount of damages claim amount in the suit ?

2. Is for filing a criminal case for compensation under CrPC I will have to pay a requisite court Fee according to the amount of claim initially?

3. I heard thru Print Media that Veena Malik filed a case or suit against FHM Magazine of Rs 10 Crore for damages or compensation before Court of law at Mumbai. Is having idea what type of case or suit it was and how much court fee She paid on Rs 10 Crore?

V R SHROFF (Expert)
06 January 2012

For Civil Suit, value of Rs. 1,00,000, you have to pay Rs. 6430/- in Mah.
[Rs. 15,00,000 Claim Rs. 31230/-]

For Cr, 357, thee is no separate fees, except initial Application Court Fees.

Verna Malik, Max is 3 Lakh That she might have paid for 10 Cr.

[ Same suit would havr Court Fees of Rs.3000/- only in Dadra & Nagar haveli or 75 k in Gujarat State ]
ok Kumar,

Devajyoti Barman (Expert)
06 January 2012

In West Bengal , at the time of filing a suit for damages out of defamation the plaintiff need not pay court fees on the amount of claim made in the plaint.
It is a fixed court fees f RS 30/-.

I.S.Roy,Advocate (Expert)
06 January 2012

Dear Sir,
each state had its won court fee Acts statute but, way of calculation is same as money recovery suit.

with regards
I.S.Roy, Advocate

Malay Shukla (Expert)
06 January 2012

Every state as rightly pointed out above has its own separate law for the payment of court fee but if a person does not have sufficient means to pay for the court fee the suit can be filed in forma pauperis i.e. as an indigent person and once the application to sue in forma pauperis is allowed by the court which is done after making inquiry into the assets of the individual the suit is registered and proceeds like a normal suit but the court fees has to be paid at the end of the suit.

Rajeev Kumar (Expert)
06 January 2012

Yes I agree with above experts view

Deepak Nair (Expert)
06 January 2012

Sufficiently advised by all the experts.

prabhakar singh (Expert)
06 January 2012

court fees would be payable advolerum according to state amended court fees act.

M/s. Y-not legal services (Expert)
06 January 2012

yes, just you can check it in the concern court's suit clerk., he will calculate the court fee for your case.,


Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert)
06 January 2012

1. Yes.

2. No.

3. As the same is a civil suit, the advolerum court fee must have been paid as per State rules.

What shall you get to know about the exact amount of stamp duty levied by Veena Malik. You confine about your own problem. Jahan main masle aur bhi hain.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Join the MasterClass     |    x