LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

correction in passport

(Querist) 29 April 2009 This query is : Resolved 
Dear sir,

I have a passport where my date of birth is wrongly enterd. I have to make a correction in this passport.

Pls guide me what is the procedure to followed in this regard.

with regards,

R. Gurucharan.
n.k.sarin (Expert) 29 April 2009
It is very simple go to the passport office with supporting document and affidavite, tell your problem to concerned officer and get corrected the said passport.
Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Expert) 29 April 2009
Mr Sarin advised you correctly , the Pass Port Office/officers can only correct the Date the Birth .
PRAKASHCHANDRA MARU (Expert) 29 April 2009
i think there is performa of affidavit to make correction
A V Vishal (Expert) 29 April 2009

Correction of any particulars in the passport once issued is not an easy job. You will need to prove that your date of birth was wrong when you applied for the first time and you will also be levied penalty of Rs 500/- to Rs 5,000 for furnishing wrong details
ESTHERPRIYA (Expert) 29 April 2009
I agree with the suggestions of the members. In case the mistake is on the part of the passport authorities then, you have an easy job but if it is on your part, then it is a tough task to get it corrected. Affidavit and other documents and penalty will be followed.
sanjeev murthy desai (Expert) 30 April 2009
Yes i agree with above veiws
adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (Expert) 30 April 2009
U just write a letter to the passport officer to make the correction of date of birth, because it is their mistake. If they want documents from u, then u send the documents to them.
If it is their mistake they will definately correct it.
I do agree with the views of my Ld. friends.
Sachin Bhatia (Expert) 01 October 2009
Give an application to the regional passport officer for correction in the date of birth in passport with supporting document along with an affidavit.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query