25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Correction in name

(Querist) 10 October 2014 This query is : Resolved 
sir my name on birth certificate is tanbir singh and my mothers name is harpreet singh, but on all other documents my name is tanveer singh and mothers name is harpreet kaur(her correct name). i want to apply for passport for that i want to change my and my mothers name in birth certificate. how can i do that?
R.K Nanda (Expert) 10 October 2014
ask from pass port office.
tanveer (Querist) 10 October 2014
lol...this is expert advise!!
V R SHROFF (Expert) 10 October 2014
execute affidavit THAT YOU SHALL BE KNOWN AS xxx

AND that both names of one and the same person,
Publish in two news paper amd a Govt Gazette
It will satisfy need of Passport authority..
G. ARAVINTHAN (Expert) 10 October 2014
As per Registration of Births and Deaths Act, you can make application for correction to the Authority mentioned thereon in Section 15 & 11, the application TO BE ACCOMPANIED WITH SUPPORTIVE DOCUMENTS
ajay sethi (Expert) 10 October 2014
The Government have issued instructions to liberalise the procedure of correction of name in Birth Certificates. It is reported that hundreds of complaints received regarding correction in the Birth Certificate. So Government have issued circular about the procedures to be followed:

1. If parents have entered wrong name in the birth certificates (like pet names etc., spelling mistakes etc), the name can be corrected as per the name entered in the Admission Register of the concerned school. For this the parents (Joint affidavit by Father and Mother) (in case of minors)/person have to submit an affidavit stating the reasons why the wrong name entered in the Birth Register and to remit Rs.50/- as compounding fee. The name is only corrected as same in the SCHOOL CERTIFICATE and not as entered in any other documents (like PASSPORT, DRIVING LICENCE ETC).
ajay sethi (Expert) 10 October 2014
For correcting the Birth Certificate you should approach the Local Birth Registrar of the concerned Local Self Government Institutions with the affidavit, the original birth certificate issued earlier and affidavit. You have to remit Rs.50/- as compounding fee. After correction you have to apply for a new certificate.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 10 October 2014
Approach the office of Registrar of birth fulfil the procedure and get the error rectified.

Agree with the advice from expert ajay sethi ji.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Expert of the Month

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query