LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Contempt of court while stay order active .

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 27 June 2021 This query is : Resolved 
1. Undivided share of the land was sold by the opposition party while stay on status-quo was active, is it a criminal offense?
2. Can I transfer an ongoing contempt of court case from Civil Court to criminal court, will it make any difference?
All the procedures of argument and counterargument are done, and evidence is already submitted, waiting for the order now.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 27 June 2021
It is not a criminal case in my view. You can file contempt of court.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 28 June 2021
( 1 ) No, it's not offence .It is disobedience of court order.
( 2 ) No,your contempt of court case is triable by civil court.
( 3 ) Wait for court's order.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 30 June 2021
since you have filed the contempt of court petition before the court whose orders have been disobeyed or contempt by the contemnor and have mentioned tht the final arguments also are completed by both the sides and waiting for the orders where is the question of transferring this case to criminal court?
Even otherwise it cannot be filed before other court which has no jurisdiction to try this contempt case.
P. Venu (Expert) 03 July 2021
Is it a contempt petition or a prosecution petition under Order 39?

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query